Saturday, December 11, 2010

Furniture shopping

I mostly resisted the temptation to buy new furniture.  My parents generously bought me a dining room set, which I ordered to have for Thanksgiving, and which I may actually have for Christmas.  My coffee table has issues and no legs.  My bed is kind of broken, but it's a soft flat place with padding so it's still a bed.  My living room furniture is just bad.  So there are some areas I'd like to improve, but so far I haven't.

I'm not thrifty or responsible.  It's just that when I go to furniture stores I mostly find ugly overpriced junk.  Why is "contemporary" code for "ridiculous, impractical, expensive, garish, and flimsy".  Just for brevity?

I don't mind expensive and I don't mind cheap, but never the two together.

No comments:

Post a Comment